The Chesapeake Amateur Radio Service (CARS) will be conducting a virtual Technician Course starting Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. EST and concluding on Thursday, March 25, 2021. The course will utilize the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual, Fourth Edition. This manual can be purchased through the ARRL Store. There is no cost for taking the course.
A testing session shortly after the course is in the works. The link for the virtual course will be provided once enrolled.
Anyone interested should contact Duane Ettwein, KJ4YKG at email@example.com providing their name, phone number, and email address.
Virtual Technician Course Requirements
- Exam Candidates: You are REQUIRED to register in the FCC CORES system and receive a FCC Registration Number (FRN) before exam day.
- For FRN registration information, see item #4: Exam Session Requirements
- The FCC CORES User Account and Registration page: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do
- Click Here for FCC CORES Tutorial Videos.
- The ARRL VEC Exam Fee for 2021 is $15.00. That one fee pays for one attempt at each of the three exam elements. If a candidate fails an element at an exam session and wants to re-test for the same element, an additional fee will be required.