- AREAS AFFECTED:
- HERTFORD, NC; BERTIE, NC; MAINLAND DARE, NC; CURRITUCK, NC; PERQUIMANS, NC; CAMDEN, NC; GATES, NC; CHOWAN, NC; PASQUOTANK, NC; ISLE OF WIGHT, VA; SOUTHAMPTON, VA; CITY OF CHESAPEAKE, VA; CITY OF FRANKLIN, VA; CITY OF NORFOLK, VA; CITY OF PORTSMOUTH, VA; CITY OF SUFFOLK, VA; CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hertford-Gates-Bertie-Southampton-Isle of Wight-
Including the cities of Ahoskie and Franklin
944 PM EST Tue Jan 2 2018
…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM WEDNESDAY TO 1 PM EST
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6
inches are expected. A strong north wind of 20 to 25 mph with
gusts to 30 to 35 mph will develop late Wednesday night and
early Thursday morning along the Chesapeake Bay and lower James
* WHERE…Portions of southeast Virginia and interior northeast
* WHEN…From 1 PM Wednesday to 1 PM EST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including the morning commute on Thursday. Be prepared for
significant reductions in visibility.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.