Check out what our sister club, Ortsverband T-15, is working on. Look under the “Pictures” folder or Direction Finding Project.
CARS will be conducting a Technician and a General license class. Both classes are open to the public and they will be taught here at our shack on Reservation Road. A FCC Exam session will follow each class. The exam is optional and open to the public. There is no fee for the class but there is a cost for the training manual and the exam. The class information is:
- Technician Class:
- First Session: Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Remaining Sessions: Tuesday and Thursday, April 1, 2014 through April 10, 2014 from 7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Review Session (if needed): Saturday, April 12, 2014 (Time to be determined)
- Exam: Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 1:00 P.M. (NOTE – The exam will be given at during the club’s SpringFest located at the Moose Lodge, 1400 N. George Washington Highway, Chesapeake, VA)
- General Class:
- First Session: Saturday, May 31, 2014 from 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Remaining Sessions: Tuesday and Thursday, June 3, 2014 through June 19, 2014 from 7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
- Review Session (if needed): Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 9:30 A.M.
- Exam: Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 1:30 P.M.
Contact Paul Buckwalter, K4PRB for additional information at 757-484-6047 or email K4PRB@ARRL.NET.
CONGRATULATIONS TO JASON HARRIS KJ4IWX
THE ARRL FOUNDATION Board of Directors has announced the scholarship recipients for 2013. Each year, the Foundation’s Directors have the honor and privilege of selecting Amateur Radio operators who will receive monetary assistance to further their undergraduate or graduate education. For 2013, the Foundation awarded 82 annual scholarships through 58 funds to young Amateur Radio operators valued at $110,600.
CARS Member Jason Harris has received the L. Phil & Alice Wicker Scholarship Award. CARS would like to congratulate you. We are proud to have you as a member of our club
Welcome to our sister club Ortsverband T-15. Ortsverband or OV for short just means ham radio club and T-15 is a region abbreviation given by the German DARC (similar to ARRL). The club is located in Illertissen, Germany. Illertissen is a small town in Bavaria and located in the middle of other small countryside towns where the members live. Illertissen is about 15 miles from ULM, 100 miles west of Munich, and about 60 miles north of the Alpes mountain range and close to the Austrian and Swiss border. The club has a small shack not quit as large as ours. Check out their website at www.ov-t15.de. You might want to brush up on your German.
We will be attempting to contact the club and our fellow CARS member Raymond, KK4NBF, during shack day on Saturday, May 11, 2013. Come and meet our new ham friends.